Healthy Self — Heal thy Self


How do you feel when your feet hit the ground in the morning? Do you feel good and go for a stretch, walk or jog? Do you put together your favorite breakfast, drink a tall cool glass of fresh water? Do you feel ready to go? Do you hug those you love and venture off to make a difference in the world all day long? This is what you were naturally made to do. Every cell in your body generates health and vibrancy, all of them working together, making you work well and feel great.

If this is not your experience, at least most of the time, then what part of you prevents you from feeling this way? Whatever reason you give, you can be sure that the culprit almost certainly comes back to damage in some part of your body. Something is preventing your body from working correctly. Perhaps it is a hormonal imbalance causing mental stress, drowsiness or depression. Perhaps it is an infection or pain from some physical part of you, maybe it is stress from a difficult emotional issue, a relationship. Emotional pain is a manifestation of imbalanced body chemistry. Maybe it is a stress or toxin in your environment. Any of the thousands of parts and systems in your body are damaged in some way can affect the health of everything else.

Here is the good news, it does not have to stay that way. The body is built to fix itself. Your cells are perfectly capable (if given the needed time, materials and supplies) to repair the damaged cells and rebuild the tissues, restore chemical balance, and relieve the stress. This capability has been built into all living organisms over the hundreds of millions of years life has existed on earth. Significant healing has been here long before modern science discovered how it works, these are things that we have only known for the last 20 years, and even so we only understand maybe 1% of it now.

The patterns we can see from the science of healing on the molecular level that we understand show us that in almost all cases, the best we can do to accelerate healing is to give our cells the materials and conditions needed to heal themselves and adequate time needed to do their job. What supplies do our cells need to fix us? They need ample water, a supply of about 30 micronutrients and minerals found in the plants and animals we eat. Cells need sugars, fats, or keytones for fuel, with oxygen, they need to burn fuel, and be utilized and exercised. What conditions do they need to do their job? An environment with manageable amounts of stressors (such as minimal toxins, infections, stressful emotions), a working communication network, a connection to the ground, plenty of good bacteria in the environment, and the down-time needed to repair everything during deep sleep.

To summarize, to heal us, our cells need:

• Ample fresh water
• Adequate amounts of micronutrients, minerals, oxygen, and fuels
• Plenty of activity and exercise
• Connection to natural microbiome (walk barefoot on a beach, put hands in soil, play with a pet)
• Supplements when not naturally available (cell signaling, hormones, gut restore, stem cells, etc.)
• An environment with minimal stress and toxins
• At least 7 hours of restful sleep

For more information, try Googling some of these terms.

Is this really all our cells need to heal us? What about the “incurable” issues?
As far as we know, the above is a somewhat complete list of those things that are absolutely needed from nature by the cells for efficient healing to take place, they encompass the laws of nature relative to cellular healing that have been in force for millions of years. If our cells lack any of these elements, it is well documented that they cannot be completely healthy and cannot work well and heal as efficiently. I plan to further flesh out and substantiate these points. Efficient healing makes the difference between whether we are healthy or not. If our cells are losing the battle and cannot heal the body as fast as it is degenerating, then our health is lost.

As far as conditions that are “incurable”, many individuals have had documented recovery from conditions that are classified as “incurable”, as such there is more hope for healing than commonly believed. Keytonic and balanced diets, for example, have helped people with diabetes to restore natural insulin regulation. People diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis have resumed active lives through diet and enhancing cell signaling. Many battles with cancer have been fought and won by utilizing diet and the cell’s signaling ability to detect and eliminate tumors, immunotherapies that strengthen the natural immune system are finally coming to be studied and utilized. It should not be surprising that our cells can win. If our body maintains the capacity to repair or kill the damaged cells and regenerate healthy cells there is nothing that is incurable.

Even though there are several documented cases of recovery from “incurable” diseases, the medical community still treats these cases as unexplained exceptions, these “exceptions” are not given much attention in the literature. As an example, there is 95% mortality for those diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. This is normally interpreted as, “If you have pancreatic cancer there is a good chance that you will die”. A much better attitude would be, “Show me what can I do to be in the 5% who survive”. This approach focuses on finding the factors that increase the chances that the body will recover.

Looking at the physical laws that govern healing, as we discussed above. What did the people do who survived? What was their diet, were they active, was it in their genes, what was their emotional state, did they have a positive mindset? How much do environmental or emotional factors influence the outcome? I would love to be informed.

More than not, I have heard that when a medical professional sees of a case of “miraculous” healing, their response is either that there must have been an incorrect diagnosis, or they will dismiss it and say that the patient should keep on doing whatever they are doing. It is arrogant and ignorant to suppose that our medical knowledge is complete, and anything unexplained is inconsequential. I venture to say that it really is the other way around. No modern procedure or medicine has ever healed the body. Stitches and ointments close a wound only to create an environment where the body can better heal itself. A good medicine creates the environment or supplies the materials needed for efficient healing. The cells in the body itself do the healing. There is no exception to this rule. The greatest doctor or most skilled surgeon only creates the conditions that allow the cells to better heal themselves. What we think is very important. Every double-blind, placebo-based scientific study in the history of modern medicine shows that what we believe to be true has a significant effect on actual healing.

How much do we really understand?
Next time we really want to feel better, let us first focus our efforts on the true principles of healing.


7 thoughts on “Healthy Self — Heal thy Self

  1. Thanks again for this wonderful insight, I am sure many in our ASEA family are learning from your wide knowledge base.
    I would like to mention the work of Dr Bruce Lipton and his extraordinary teachings about EPIGENETICS and his books “THE BIOLOGY OF BELIEF”, & “SPONTANEOUS EVOLUTION”.
    It is with people of like caliber that our world will heal.
    People are becoming aware of many alternative healing modalities and looking for CURES rather than the status quo of what is called medical treatments today.

  2. Doug Martin SK Canada says:

    Thank you for your insightful comments. Such simple logic in many ways, yet very powerful. You are a Godsend to the medical community, if they and those in our governments would only listen. Your work is invaluable to mankind.
    Thank you

  3. Peg Lum says:

    Thank you Dr. Samuelson for ALL the information. Would you say, the redox signaling molecules are most important messengers for cells?

    • Redox signaling messengers are certainly the most universal, they are active in all forms of aerobic life, plants, animals, humans, and so forth. They are involved in all the pathways of cellular repair and replacement.

Leave a Reply to Joe Cataldo Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s